Mim's Life

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Woo Hoo, U2

I'm so lucky sometimes and the u2 concert I was at last sun night was as great as expected.

Was in the seats at the back which meant we were a fair way back but had a full view of everything and prob the best sound quality- but I wouldn't have minded where we were, was just happy to be there! Good in the end that we didn't get the general admin tickets cos my friend ended up being over 8 month pregnent which was unknow at the time of purchas.

We got there to be one of the first people there with seat tickets thanks to Damo freaking out about getting there late or something happening on the way and made us all get maccas drive through so we wouldn't have to stop to eat.

People around us were pritty funny to- had a family with 2 young teenaged girls in front of me who also had tickets to some offical u2 after party- the mum at 1 girl sat for most of the concert and they left the concert early- who does that?!?

Also down from us was this girl that kept pushing past us to get in and out about every 20min to get drinks and bunch of druk guys making rude and at times inappropriately funny comments back at everything Bono said and booed everytime anyone sat down. But the funniest would be the guy who spent the whole in steps next to Damo (who regreted insisting sitting on the edge) and was more energetic than Bono going crazy with air guitar and drums and just everything you could imagine. During 'Sunday bloody Sunday' he grabed Damo and while shaking him said 'it's sunday!!!'. very entertianing!

The concert it's self was fantastic though- good how they gave 'Sunday bloody sunday' a more contextual and relavant meaning for the time and place- but still think it's orginal meaning does more for me personaly having a family back in Ireland still caught up in the drama and the bad vibes I'd get back there if I marry a Catholic.

But best of all they played 'where the streets have no name' - I'm eternally happy, and if I'm ever cranky at you just remind me of that and all will be forgotten!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home