Mim's Life

Friday, October 13, 2006

Death dealing

Death is something we're all going to have to deal with- but having a job that works with the elderly, sick and lonely it's probably something I'm going to have to deal with more than if i'd just stayed a piano teacher!

One of my friends is now at placement in childrens palliative care (basically very sick kids who are expected to die soon). And she was quite worried before hand about how she was going to deal with such a situation and as much as I knew it would still be really tough, my faith would help me out heaps.

But on the train into uni a couple of months ago 2 people were talking about their christian friends and how going to church made then even more convinced it's all bull crap, and how they were pissed that their friends couldn't come to their birthday parties but went on bible camp the next weekend......but what got me....how can Christians believe in something that says their friends will spend eternity in hell. Yuk, where do I sit on that one!?! If I look at it honestly at the moment- my faith is not something thats going to help me deal with death and make it harder. The whole life after death thing is not something I've got my head around and prob won't on this life. But avoiding the issue is prob not the best solution here either.
You never know where people sit with God on their death bed and God is the ultimate judge, but hoping that the people I love will all live on and having faith in Gods great goodness and love while forgetting the whole deal with free will...... hmm time for me to switch my brain off for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home