Mim's Life

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

There's always something to look forward to.....

This won't be a post of high quality substance due to the fact that I'm in the middle of writting a liturature review on Dementia, which is turning out to be a most painful experience and making me rather cranky at times- so honestly I'd avoid me for a week! But if you want to know anything about Dementia, now is the time to ask me.

But the main reason for this post is for me to spend some time dwelling on what I'm really looking forward to
- U2- less than a week now, and although its a shame I have a massive assignment and exam the 2 days after,I'm completely excited in true crazy music fan- I spent I night in the Knox city car park, style. Almost more exciting when you work your butt of/ go through crap to get something you want- fully prepared to volunteer as a 'waste management' (don't even know what exactly that means) person at a music festival this year... and how much sweater will those tickets smell after that job!!

- The Ashes!! missed my cricket and spending a relaxed day watching or seeing it on the big screen at work- encouraging the kids to drink more so I'd have an excuse to go into the bar area and fill up the jugs, or hanging around after work with the boys.

- There is a Simpons movie coming out- am mildly concerned that it will be crap, but the Simpsons are never crap so I hope it will carry through its brilliance to the cinema medium. and over an hour wroth of Homer can't be bad.

- Bithday parties and Chrissy!!! means pressie shopping and making- which I honestly enjoy more that getting, although moneys a bit tight at the moment- just means I have to be more creative! Parties are fun to- nothing better than just bumming around with friends.

- Vietnam- although feeling a bit mixed about this one at the moment, being the others first time overseas their more concerned with culture shock, I've already seen some horrible stuff in diff countries (and here to!!) , experienced incredable heat/ humidity and pollution in Bangkok- (to the point that you could look straight at a big dark red circle in the sky and it was the sun). I am much more worried that I'm going to lose it over the bike riding because I would rather hike for a month than ride a bike for a day and their expecting me to ride for four days...... I see a hissy fit on the way! Na, I'm very determined to take up the challenge and do this thing as painful as I'm sure its going to be.

- And finally SUMMER!!! I love it hot, the beach, the sun, swimming, holidays, wearing thongs without comments like 'aren't you cold' because I wear thongs all year round.


Ah, feeling a lot better now...:)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Well I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate time to put up a reply, being that it could distract you from study and assignments, but then again you might embrace the brief few minutes away from the books.

    It testifies to your love of good bands that you are willing to pick up rubbish to score tickets (that's my guess at the job, let me know if it isn't). But as you said the tickets will smell much sweeter in contrast to what you did to score them. Which music festival was/is it that you'll be volunteering at?

    I guess the Simpsons movie is set to be a spectacular hit, or possibly a disappointing flop. They will certainly have guaranteed ticket sales. I can remember overhearing a rumour that they were planning to finish the Simpsons with the film, not sure whether this is true though. I wonder if the next generation will ever be able to experience the Simpsons in more than just re-runs that are anachronistic and hence lost there appeal.

    Have you been able to get out on the bike, or still battling it out in the gym? I guess the climate will pose some contrast, especially when undertaking such a strenuous excercise.

    Have you mastered the multi-tonal language yet? Expanded the vocabulary?

    After noting that both yourself and Steph wear thongs nearly anywhere and everywhere I must conclude that hold fashion status for people, or possibly just a convnient alternative.

    Well hope all goes well with your exams, and guess I'll cya around.

    Wayne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home