Mim's Life

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All the, Small things

What an iconic song of my teenage years!!!

But I'm noticing the small things so much more at the moment- like getting upset at stuff that normally won't effect me much at all but also finding a lot of joy out of little things. Like receiving a random, unexpected card in the mail from a lady at church, or the fact that a speed I'd planted, but didn't have much hope of growing has sprouted- fully think Gods showing me that I can nurture things and help them to live instead of having things die around me, which means a lot at the moment. Prob the next time I look it will have died or turn out to be a weed- but maybe there's so much more life in death than I understand and there's beauty in the 'weeds' or 'ugly' in this life- and I'm going to take care of that weed and allow it to live it's life as much as any flower!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Was that an analogy or did u really plant something? What did you plant? A flower or vegetable plant?

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    no, its a real seed/plant- I'm not creative enough to come up with that by myself!

    um, some kind of flower- have to ask digger, was part of his sermon and meant to represent the growth of new emerging churchs- which is cool 2- I've just selfishly attached my own meaning to the little plant- represents a lot for one little seed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home