Mim's Life

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Search

Some people search for God and answers through gaining knowledge and reading the bible.

Yeah, well I don't- dosen't mean I'm not searching. I'm very much a person who has to experience something before truly learning anything (I'm very good at learing and memorizing a whole heap of facts and then forgetting most of them after the test- but that's not what I'm talking about). I really struggle to just read the bible and learn anything- I'm not at all saying I think the bible is irrelevant because I don't. For me I have to think about my own experiences and relate that to the bible and learn from it that way- and then I often find that what the bibles been saying all along only just makes sense to me. Maybe life would be easier if I could search through the bible but for me I need to search through life and come back to the bible to reflect on my own experiences.
On camp esp. in small group my responses and dicussion were all my experiences where as someone else had a bible verse or story for everything- I admire that but I work the other way around. It's probably something I should work on and try to find more of a balence by just reading the bible and taking it for what it is but I also know that I'm more likely to forget that way.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was ad to see no1 replyed to all that after u typed ALL that! lol.
    well yeh. cya mim

    amber (from hallz gap! GO HALLZ GAP!!!) .... (if u still dont remember me i was in ur small group..... remember me yet???? :P cyaz mim )

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Hey Amber- course I remember you!! not that old to lose my memory so early just yet!!
    Even though all you guys called me Aunty Mim.

    great to hear from you- hows things?
    see ya round!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home