Mim's Life

Monday, October 03, 2005

Sports Therapy

Working at the sports centre on sun and some of the cricket guys turned up for a practice so Fitchy makes me clean and dry all the dishes while he has a beer at the bar with them. So I had them all sitting out there laughing at me and calling me 'cute'- Fitchy is so lucky he's moving to England cos' he deserves a good tea towel wipping!!
( and just a quick 'totally off the topic moment'- I really don't appreciate being labled cute- I'm cute because I don't smoke, I'm cute because I've never had a bong, I'm cute because I'm not going out with anyone, I'm cute becuase I don't get drunk every weekend and now I'm cute because I end up cleaning dishes while the boys have a beer- I'm sick of being 'CUTE'!!!)
Anyway, how that I've got that out of my system, while the guys were picking on me and just being annoying (feminists would be turning in their grave at the sight- but at least I was getting paid!) they reminded me of my sports therapy theory (although I doubt I'm the 1st person to think of it). I reckon sports and being part of a sports team can be theraputic in a similar way to music therapy (I'm sick of trying to explain that one -so try googling it or something or ask me when I'm not is such a intolerant mood). The guys at work are great mates with each other because they rely and work together as a team, then have a beer to gether and laugh at mim together and have all their nick names for each other etc.
But it's the same with trying to get the kids to play a team sport together- there's always the kids whose not so good as the others but usually, often with my persausion, the other kids include them and learn to work together as a team- building the other kids confidence and really they usually end up playing better than you first expect.
So thats why I have a Sports therapy theory - something I wouldn't mind developing and researching in the future- but I think I'll stick to music therapy first as I'm currently more talented at music sport- and my music mates are yet to call me 'cute'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home