Mim's Life

Monday, October 03, 2005

Camp Post

ok, here's the long awaited camp post. Just some of my memories of youth 1 2005, in dot point form and more for myself than anything but thats ok.

-bus trip down was long as always but it's a really good time to meet everyone and this year I managed to meet everyone
-the leaders room has new couches that are comfy enough to sleep on- so much better than the couches last year which I know from experience where not comfy enough to sleep on.
-kids totally did not respect the 'stay out of the leaders room' rule and leaders (well me mainly with Keir always having a go at me) getting over talling them to get out, now all the kids on camp know about the spa in the leaders room ;)
-Roh helping out with the art elective and saving the art elective because art is not one of my strengths.
-my small group was really open from day one, not sure if it was because we were all girls, asking heaps of great questions and helping each other out with discussions and stuff- I learnt heaps to
-Linda and her worn undies all around my bed
-Nicole T is stronger the Jono, Roh and me put together, Hannah is smarter than Jono, Roh and me put together!
-Linda and her used hanky and clothes all over my bed when I came into the cabin wanting to go to sleep
-Mark and I staying up till 2:30am to organise weds amazing race and leaving the other leaders a note and a to do list telling them to have fun running the race and Mark and I would see them on thurs- didn't happen!
-night walk to the waterfall
-Calabs song at the waterfall
-having a great chat to Jono about stuff on the walk back to camp
-Linda and our 'sexy' tranpoline dance
-running up to Roh with a water bomb and bursting it all over both of us
-great small group
-playing the love % game in small group and God and Jono getting 32%
-Linda and Em dancing around the cabin when everyone else had gone to sleep
-Calab should not be allowed near a footy!!
-onions!
-the story game and Lukes and Kellys faces- I have photos!
-Loz falling our of the trolly and smashing her head
-Arnie falling over- the entire video
-Calab the dancing garden knome
-Halls gap is still the bomb diggity and Jesus is the bling bling
-the dance and art electives where great too!!
-lying in bed with Linda and Em sitting on me and chatting about stuff- seriously thought we'd all fall asleep like that
-Em creeping up to me while in bed and scaring me which in turn scared her and we both ended up screaming at each other
-Muck up-ah the fun-then Kelly and me having to do hair inspections to get all the dough out of our hair in the showers
(that last point sounds wronge but is totally inocent-we were dressed, just like my telling Jono he'd tempted me- he'd tempted me to buy an ice cream and that was it!!)
-Linda and the coffee incident- don't ever do that to me again!
-Eloise and me having issues with gaffa tape- Jono to the rescue
-Calab renames Hall gap- Halls gaffa
-fish and chips in newspaper on the floor with jugs of warm/hot water-Keir ya wimp!- drink whats given to you
-mocktails with fake coconut milk
-question time at the camp fire
-Mafia cheats at the camp fire
-Linda and Em eating 3 straight teaspoons of coffee because they wanted to stay up all night (both were in my cabin) next year the coffee will be confiscated!!
-great chat with Emily about stuff
-staying up with my cabin writting warm fuzzies till 2am
-making Linda and Em who were still psycho on coffee move into the spare cabin and 'I don't care if your board it's your own fault for eating coffee'.
-joining the rest of the leaders writting warm fuzzies in the leaders room till 4am when I finally finished.
-seeing all the kids eat lunch on the last day as one big group, no one was at all left out
-kids taking group photos while the leaders finished cleaning up- great to see!!

So many more memories but that would take ages to write
Hopefully I'll get round to posting on what I learnt from small group and Jono

6 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww man this makes me miss it so much!!! great to hear it was so awesome, wish i coulda been there!!! can't wait to see photos!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    nah, your undies were just wear I wanted to get out of bed!! Bring the photos on sun.

    And Mase, come down and visit asap-have tests and stuff coming up but after that I'm there!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    knome ... gnome ? how do u spell it lol.... i got told it was gnome not knome :S ahh well... that was so fun in small group ur a awesome leader mim! hope i ge 2 b in ur small group nxt year!!! :D

    Amber.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    nah, never learn spelling from me!

    great to hear you had a great time on camp and in small- you guys were great!

    yeah well hopefully I'll be around next year cos at the moment I'm not sure where I'll be at.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope u come 2 youth 1!!!!
    ...well yeh......
    mim do u no we r having a camp reunion?
    i think kelly and elouise were planning it at camp they sed in bout 3 months or something.....
    do u no nethign bout it mim?

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    amber its gnome
    caleb the dancing garden gnome, i am pretty sure
    haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home