Mim's Life

Monday, September 26, 2005

Church the most boaring place on earth!

Tomorrow and Wed. I'mgetting payed to hang out with a yr 8 boy for the day. His mum usually calls me up before each holidays and I spend a couple of days just hanging out with him while his mums at work.
So spoilt getting payed to bum around playing cricket and footy and X-box (or more like watching him play X-box because those thing are definately not one of my talents!) but then again my other jobs are almost the same- although they do have their moments.

Talked with him a few times about stuff, and although he's never stepped foot inside a church he's convinced that church is the most boaring place on earth. That and to him christinaity/ God/Jesus etc. is the church as so they're all the most boaring things on earth. Can't really argue that church isn't boaring but hopefully break down the church is God thing or at least make him think about stuff more.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Digger said…

    Well I guess that depends on whether or not church is a service we go to, or if our lives as Christians are the church...

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    yeah, good point- I meant more his vision of church which I know is completely different from my view. To him church=old building and boardom and rules and old people etc. not sure what else, also not sure where this image came from because I know it's not from his own experiences of church- although I'm sure it is a lot of peoples experiences. He's opening up about stuff to me more and more and was interested in my camp stories- and is a huge caktus fan!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    yeah hard isn't it- maybe you should try asking her why she's so scared of people trying to save her- is it because she dosen't want to have to think about that kind of stuff?
    It was great having her at youth but she/we also have to respect her dads view but it's also really crap when that restricts her and how she thinks. Big issue!
    My only suggestion would be to ask her what she thinks at school and not what her dad thinks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home