Mim's Life

Friday, October 21, 2005

Love as communication

IF 'God is Love'- 1Jn 4:16
Then is love the best way of communicating God to others- like a universal language which transcents our normal and heavily relied apon that when people can't speak or communicate in our ways we find it hard to communicate with them in general.
Remember on a trian in Germany when I was 12 sharing a box (it was an old fashioned styled train) with a Germany lady, having a really good conversation with her through my limited German speaking ablilties and her limited English and a lot of facial expressions and actions and finding other ways to communicate.
But how do you communicate God to people who are deaf, blind, dumb (can't speak) and spastic? Love?
Then that opens the 'what is true Godly love'? and the fact that we all tend to have our own interpretations of words inc. the word love- but maybe thats not a bad thing as I don't know that one simple four letter word can really describe what 'God is love' means. Gods placed me here with my understandings of love and the ablilty to reach out and love these people so thats what I'm going to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home