Mim's Life

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What do I have to do!

Think it's the whole- having to wait to find out if I'll be forced to move interstate for the next 2 years- and what want/should do.
That and the fact that apparently I look and seem much younger than my actual age. Often get told this when telling people how old I really am and I'm still not sure whether or not to be offended by it. But how do we judge a person age or what do I have to do to look 20? Do I have to dye my hair a diff colour every few months or wear high heals all the time or never wear jeans or act more mature, use bigger words, not live at parents home, have an engagement ring on my finger, wear a ton of make up- blah blah blah.
Maybe I need to be pushed in the deep end just to grow up and seem my age. Should spend a couple of years in Queensland on my own and meet knew people and places and rely totally on myself and God.
Still sounds strange when I get called 'lady' by strangers at shops telling their kids to 'get out of the way of the lady' but apprently neither do I neatly fit the mold of what a 20 female should be. whatever the heck that is! And once again I care enough to notice but not enough (or just too lazy) to change anything- but still think moving would be a good experience- and sometimes that I just need to get away and start again.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mim,
    dont worry, i dunno if its the not wearing make up or high heels or dying hair thing (or the rest!) but i do none of these things and get mistaken for being older!!! mind you, it depends on who i'm hanging wit. younger people often mistake me for their age, but when i'm hangin out with the oldies (haha, digs, ali, ab etc) ppl just assume i'm their age. who knows!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home