Mim's Life

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mim's Superior Mind!!!

There are 3 things which I constantly get picked on about and after much useless thought I have offically decided, with backing up evidence, that in all 3 issue my mind is superior and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong!
The 3 issues are-
1. I call the long things you wear on the lower half of your body trousers and the short version you wear underneath undies.
2. The room in my house between the laundery and the hall is called the 'playroom'.
3. Any red/lump/itchy/ annoying thing on my body is an 'itchy bite'!

OK now let me explain/provide evidence/prove how I'm correct.

1. I blame this one on the fact that I have an Irish dad, English Grandma but an Aussie mum and a myself an Aussie. The Brittish call the long version 'trousers' and the short,wear them underneath(unless your superman) version 'pants'. Aussies however, call the long version 'pants' and the short version 'undies'. Me, being the rebal that I am, use trousers and undies. But this also makes me superior because- there is no was you can confuses what I mean. Trousers can only be trousers and undies can only be undies, there's none of this 'now by saying 'pants' do you mean long or short version?'. no, there's no confusion, except for the fact that I get picked on in both countries for being wrong! I'm happy in the knowledge I may be wrong but I also smarter!!

2. The 'playroom' issue. Yes I know I'm 20, nearly 21 but it's still 'the playroom' not a rumpus room! And again I have solid reasoning and logic to back this up- my piano is in the 'playroom'. I 'play' my piano! I don't rump my piano. What is rumping anyway? I have never knowingly rumped in my life. The only rump I can think of is 'rump steak' and I eat that in the dinning room. The only other logic I could come up with to support my enemies is that it should be called a 'rompus' room as in a room to romp around in. But the only person I've every heard use that phrase is my mum, so not sure it counts!

3. Itchy bites! that is my technical term which I feel is far better than mosquito bites! I honestly don't know a lot about either insects or medicine so I don't feel that I can always, 100%, self diagnose every bite I get. whats the diff between a mossies bite and a marsh fly bite or a small spider bit- I don't know! All I know is that it's itchy- therfore calling it an itchy bite means I'm never wrong!

So thats it! There's the proof! pick on me all you want but I know who is superior and I stand by my quirks!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    test

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Thanks guys!!

    We're all crazy!! I'm such a bad influence on you guys- hay Linda- me and my stupid big mouth- that comment was fully innocent!
    Seriously need to learn to think b4 I speak!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home