Mim's Life

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Christmas' Spirit

Watching one of those 'great' chrissy feel good movies they bring out every year and one of the characters (think it was Sanatas son or something) was trying to find their Christmas spirit.

Anyway, the comment was made that Christmas Spirit is- when we do something for others/ love others without expecting anything in return and ever losing something in the process thats the Christmas spirit!
You know, I think thats not only the Christmas spirit but even more so Christ's spirit! Why should we only act like christ in his sprit in December- Christ was Christ all year round and how much better would the world be if we all truely took up the Christ spirit challenge all year round.
Whether it's giving a gift to someone who you know can't thank you for and you can't see or share in their joy, making something for others out of love, sharing a smile with a stranger or hanging in there ready to help someone who just hurts you deeply and rejects / uses you up. Jesus live life like this to the extreme and despite sometimes when we see fruits or benifits/ appreciation of our giving he died for loving others- he died for loving us, he died for loving me. Apparently I told my minister about a year ago I was into pain- not a smart thing to tell your minister and he reminds me of it sometimes when I really wish he wouldn't. I meant it though- that I'm into pain- not that I purposely physically like hurting myself but I'd relised that to love meant to hurt and to live meant to die. I don't seek pain but I accept it, which doesn't always mean I'm good at taking it!! And life is so much better that way when you can find pleasure and love in and around any pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home