Mim's Life

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Life as an Introvert

Got asked to make a speech at my friends up-coming 21st and it just reminded me how much of a shy, introverted person I really am. If I ever do anything outgoing- I really mean it and believe I need to do it/ passionate about it.
Couple of hours before singing at SYG the first night I was really starting to freak my self out and was going on at Keechy about everything. All she said was 'why did you agree to do it then?'. I reckon that was about the most insensitive and upsetting thing she could have said to me at the moment and I nearly lost it- but then I did think about why I did agree to sing (other than the fact that Nick phoned me at uni during a group project so I had to get off the phone). I said yes because I have a belief in musics ability to connect with people and to God, what else could connect and involve so many people at the same time? I love SYG and everything that goes with that and I wanted to help out and apart of that- I would have happily hidden behind a desk job but that wasn't what I was asked to do and I guess you could go on about using our gifts etc.
You would think having performed piano since I was 4yrs I'd be fine and generally with piano I am- but take me out of that comfort zone and it takes more effort and determination on my part.
Also think I work better in small groups- I really don't mind being in large groups and around a lot of people- I'm just more likely to happily sit back and watch everyone else but not imput much myself. Also don't mind having a leadership role within a group but unless I'm there for that exact reason and so make the extra effort- if there is anyone else with a more dominant personality I tend to not fight it and allow them to take over. Not sure it's such a bad thing though- we can't all be completely outgoing or we'd be constantly fighting each other for attention.
So I'd better start writting a speech because unless I have something I can read and a determined attitue- the 21st speech will never happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home