Mim's Life

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thoughts on Gandhi

Just some of my current personal thoughts on some of the points of the last Gandhi post.

-Like the way Gandhi tryed to lead and teach by example and actions- even if it meant doing the most dirty job for the 'lowest' of people considered the untouchables.

- Ganhdi's life of poverty required a lot of funding from big business men- when does comitting to a life of complete poverty not pay off and burden society more???

-mind, body and spirit in harmony is prob something we should all aim for

- having been at uni the last 4yrs- apart from gaining the nessecary degree to be able to do the job and skills- think the most I've learnt is more life stuff- eg. patience, discpline, working under pressure and to a timetable etc. (def not any better at spelling- but abreviating big words I can now do!!) which is all stuff that diff life experiences can also teach- uni was just my journey for the last 4yrs and however much longer.

-the political quote I'm still not sure about- but it stands out. But where he was there was a lot of injustice towards Indians...... I don't feel that motivation? other than masters students not eligable for student travel concession cards- and living in zone 3!

-profits really a humans to! They just see things diff- clearly? - and aim to live it out.

- I sometimes think that the things that really bug us/ fire us up- a the areas of our greatest weaknesses- maybe its just so obvious to us that we can't help but make it a personal issue to work on!? The things that get me fired up are prob the stuff that I struggle with and the things that get others worked up/ motivated I'm generally fine with. Gandhi had what he saw as a 'weakness'to sex chosing it over religious duties and from then on he saw celibacy as nessecary to spiritual growth- but thats just one of my theories on life so feel free to disagree!

There's still half the book to go so prob more posts to look forward to!!:)
(I'm now offically a nerd- using my hols to read books:S)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home