Mim's Life

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Become a song writer!

For my practical exam in a couple of weeks- where I have to perform a number of songs and then have an adapting for different situations and then the examiner creates a new situation and I have to suggest how I'd adapt the song and perform the adaptation.
Anyway for the song 'Zombie' I've decided to write a lyric substitution for someone who's sick of being stuck in a bed because of illness. So instead of 'in your head' I'd have 'In my bed'.
So I thought I'd ask if anyone had any thoughts or feelings about having been stuck in bed, which we all have to some extent in the past (although some a lot more than me and a lot more recently) it would be helpful to make the song more realistic.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Sorry Mim. I can't really comment. Although this will testify to my complete ignorance of music, I don't know the words to Zombie. If you could post a link to the song, or it's lyrics I may be able to do otherwise.

    But full encouragement to you, you're obviously trying to connect with your patients.

    Wayne

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Nah, I wouldn't know the lyrics either if I didn't have to learn it- too much to write here and I suck at linking stuff but if you google zombie and lyrics by the cranberries it'll come up easy.
    Anyway I can always just fit thought and feelings into the song so you don't have to stress about that.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Hey Mim,
    Just wondering how your music writings going. When you're finished would you care to post the reworked lyrics on your blog?

    God Bless,
    Wayne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home