Mim's Life

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wow!

Last weekend I satisfied my footy cravings for a while and after last night I'm completely musically satisfied that you could take away my piano and guitar for 3 weeks and I wouldn't mind at all(- except I have a guitar exam in a few weeks and I'd rather not fail that).

I can't believe how lucky I am sometimes- I reckon I had the best spot in the entire arena at 'Ben Harper and the innocent criminals'. Was right up the front, leaning on the barrier, slightly to the left of stage, right in front of the bass guitarist. Could see every thing except the drummer who I couldn't see for the basses sound system, but I could see everything else right down to a drop of sweat on Bens eye lid during a song. Had the best view of the guitarists and sometimes the guy on keys hands and all the instruments.

Being in front of the Bass was the best- funny guy. came right up to the edge of the stage a couple of times and did a little dance before having to put his hands back on the guitar and then me and 3-4 others copied his dance and he loved it chuckling to himself. He also pointed right at us 1st and blew kisses during his singing solo in 'steal my kisses'. I'd make a great groupie!!

As Andrea, my friend who was stuck right up on a back seat, said as soon as I saw her after 'We were totally digging the percussion guy'. This older man with the biggest grin the entire time going crazy and dancing around on the all the stuff he had was brilliant- almost made me want to be back in high school and in the percussion section of band again.

Everything was great and I could go on for ages so I'll shut up now, but I reckon Ben is such a musical nerd- I've seen the same mannerisms in so many musos and how he had his eyes closed so often and when he was playing he was totally in it he wouldn't have notice if the roof collapsed. He's the guy that can't stop playing and spent every lunch time in the music rooms! He just lives it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude that sounds absolutely awesome!
    i so wish i was there!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home