Mim's Life

Monday, May 08, 2006

Busyness

We had a speaker last night at church from 'Forge' who raised a couple of interesting thoughts about busyness.

-Urgent and Important are different. Whats considered urgent is not always important and whats important is not always urgent.

There was another really good point I was going to tell you but I have completely forgotten it between when I clicked 'creat post' and now!

He generally talked about how always being busy is seen as a good thing in our society (even though we always complain about it). Find that when on holidays and get asked what I've doing and I just respond with 'not much' dosen't really provide much conversation. And at other times really annoys me when I can't find even a few free days to go down to Balnarring- often because of commitments at church.
As the bible says-
'Be still and know I am God'.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Digger said…

    Who was the speaker?

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    David Ridgeway I think- spelling could be wrong, and if that doesn't make sence tell me and I'll find out properly for you and not just rely on my memory.- Mim

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Do you know him?

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Digger said…

    Yeah i know Dave, he's a good kid, taught me many things about God and beard growing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home