Mim's Life

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Medical students do not need gym memberships!

Was told the other day that Music therapist work with that people other people don't want to work with and then how much respect they have for anyone who works within a special school. As much as this may be true, and do respect those who work and have seen how hard it is, I really respect and feel for the parents of such kids- not to mention the kids themselves who just don't really understand any of our socail norms (btw in would have been nice if they'd written a chapter about such people in the bible!- let me know if there is, but then i guess there are a lot of things I'd like to have written in there which just aren't!). The parents have to live with them almost 24/7, morn the fact that their child won't really live a 'normal' life, they generally have no training in how to deal with and help such children- I'm sure there are postitive aspects and even benifits- but it can't be an easy thing which was not something they chose.
Having said that, I am feeling incredably tired, not only from placement but having to carry my guitar around all day and the fact that medical journals are twice as heavy as any other journal or book I've ever lifted. Carrying it to the photocopier almost killed me- who needs the gym when their a medical student, I'm going to be super strong mim if I keep writing essays on working in hospitals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home