Mim's Life

Monday, May 08, 2006

Footy Cravings

On Saturday I decided I had an overwhelming desire to go and see a footy match so in my usual spontaneous way I messaged everyone who I thought might be interested to see who was free a few hrs before the first bounce and learnt that most of my friends have their lives all planned out. Luckily Ash is as last min as me and we had so much fun- completely satisfied!!

Ash decided to drive all the way and, because at the moment I'm both broke and sick, I didn't complain! Of course we got lost- the next time one of my friends say they know where their going without looking up a map but have never actually driven there is my cue to get the melways out!! Lauras classic line of 'I know how to get there I've just taken us to the wrong street' on the way to the Davis cup is a good example.

When we got to the point when it was obvious we were heading away from the MCG we decided to pull over and check the map. Figured out a back way to the G to avoid the traffic and an area which stated 'construction vehicles only' but everyone else was parking there- free parking right next to the ground itself- getting lost paid off in the end!

Got our tickets to the Essendon vs. Richmond game, which a teams I don't go for, but Ash is Essendon so for the night I was a hard core Richmond supporter. Found 2 seats complete with a bunch of drunk guys behind a few rows yelling 'Go Frankston' and singing the Collingwood theme song. I had 1 beverage, Ash had a meat pie and I've concluded that when you have a head cold any kind of alcoholic substance is twice as effective!

But the best bit was the game- so close the entire time. Ash and were betting 5 cents per quarter. I won the 1st she won the 2nd, I was up after the 3rd quarter and the last quarter- both teams were sitting on 95 for what seemed like at least 10 mins worth of screaming. And to top it off Richmond won by 2 points!! And I won a total of 15 cents- which I generously allowed Ash to keep for petrol money. We stayed for the song- and I was bouncing around despite not having a clue what the words of the Richond theme song are- and by the end all I could sing was the 'Yellow and Black' bit, but I was determined to make the most of an opportunity to annoy Ash.

We've decided to do it again- and if anyone's else is willing to put up with me and Ash screaming our lungs out, your more than welcome to join us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home