Mim's Life

Monday, August 29, 2005

Great start to the week

I'm in such a good mood today- think it's mainly because of the weather- it's been really sunny and warm all weekend and today, but we're still in winter.
That and this morning I was at the beach and then this afternoon I went to uni- something I'm not usually able to do but this weekend I stayed at the family holiday house and stayed as long as possible before having to come back to the suburbs for uni.

Think I'm a bit of a country girl at heart- lived in the same house in the suburbs my entire life so it's not that I mind living in the burbs, but I really enjoy staying in a more small town atmosphere thats only a 5 min drive to the beach.

My dad grew up on a farm in Ireland and when I was eight I live over there for a while. Just had so much fun climbing through barbed wire fences, jumping hay bails, rolling down hills into 'furn gully', cracking hazel nut shells with our teeth and eating them (the nuts not the shells), feeding the shetland pony 'tinker' grass down the lane, avoiding cow 'pats' while walking through the fields, herding the cows, running through and teasing the bulls with my bright red gumboots, mucking around with Benny (my pet dog while over there) and making boats with my cousins and having sailing races in their small creek (burne in Irish) are just some of the fun memories. having said all that, I was only there in the summer and I think the cold weather the rest of the year in Ireland would drive me nuts- so I get my country fix down at Balnarring, where i can make it back to uni for my afternoon class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home