Mim's Life

Monday, July 23, 2007

Darwin!!!

Well I have returned from a most eventful and mostly enjoyable trip which included-

Lots of sun!

seeing my sister

night markets and sunsets

Trying out some crocodile and Kangaroo meat

swimming in water holes

kissing termite mounds

just haning out

Katherine gorge

helicopter ride

shopping

meeting people

being sick

Being taken off my plane home

5hrs in emergency department of the hospital

4hrs waiting on stand by at the airport trying to get on the next flight back home


- I'm still recovering from the last few days and there was a point there in emergency when it looked like I wasn't coming home for quite a while- but it's ok...... all the different tests, samples and needles stuck into me suggest that I'm not about to die! and I've survived the 4hr flight from Darwin to prove it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Well Mim, looks like this long anticipated trip to the top end brought you a wild adventure, and an even wilder outcome.

    Are you still in a hospital down here, or released and at home? Hope all is going well, and if not, that things will improve.

    For future reference it wasn't eating kangaroo or crocodile meat, or kissing termite mounds that caused the incident was it? Was it a milder reaction to the intense heat, or just some other complicated medical condition that landed you in Emergency?

    Good to hear that you had a good time. And that you're not about to die.

    Hope all is well,

    Wayne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home