Mim's Life

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

SYG!!!

Yay for SYG which was a good this year as ever! Only diff this year was that I found I was mainly just catching up with friends this year and being with a diff team than usual, was meeting new people within my team more than outside my own team- other years it's been the opp. because I would know everyone in my team really well and be meeting new people outside the team- either way is good!

Came back with plenty of bruises and after a shower went straight to bed (actually did visit a mate who had just arrived back in oz, but it got to the point that he told me to just go home to bed.... I was completely exhausted, didn't even watch the footy- woohoo, Melbourne for 2007 champions! :)

Night program this year was as controversial and there were as many complaints and arguments as there are every year!

- Music coped it- hmm do you go the nice easy, not too christian stuff to try and entice new/non christians or the deeper stuff that the new/non christians may not understand.... ?

All up for honesty and not trying to sell a pretty product but then I guess if the ideas are too deep and beyond the majorities understanding then the simpler but still honest kind of songs should be done? -this argument seems to follow me every year- think people think that as a muso I should have a deep response to this or that they need to educate me on their opinion!?! Can see good points in both arguments and just think that you will never please all of the people all of the time so if the songs used reached just 1 person then I would consider that a success!

-Message coped similar kinds of comments- again I'm a fan of the more painfully honest approach but maybe thats not always best for everyone. Main message was very close to what I'm about and what my job philosophy is all about (another post perhaps!). Or maybe I'm a victim of selective interpretation- and others would have a completely diff idea of what the message was on about :)

At times I thought things got a bit close to over promoting UNOH but then is there really anything wrong with that?

And there were other aspects which I have mixed feelings about so not sure what my opinion is about it all.....?


Tough gig to organise though- so I'm prob a very mild critic compared to most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home