Mim's Life

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

7 long years

An unknown priest traveled to Calcutta to meet Mother Teresa. To his surprise he was given a private time with the aging nun. During the course of their conversation, he confessed,
" Mother, I don't feel the presence of God in my life anymore."
" How long has it been?" she asked sensitively.
"About 7 years," whispered the distraught priest.
Mother Teresa pondered a moment, then reached out with compassion and touched the priest's hand.
"Seven years?"
"Yes, seven long years, Mother," replied the priest.
Mother Teresa paused, looked the priest in the eye, and whispered, "It has been over thirty for me."



(I find that story very thought provoking and not the usual type of story you hear about Mother Teresa- very honest and 'human'! Other than that, I have nothing to write, head is completely full of physiological and psychological responses to listening to music in a hospital context- and I'm and very over it at the moment!
Darwin in Less than a week!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home