Mim's Life

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

So I OD'd on cold and flu tablets......

This was in no was intentional and completely followed the directions on the back of the pack and took the recommended amount for my age.
Think the main issue was that I wasn't really sick in the 1st place (or this particular company needs to change their directions).

Story is that my nose was slightly runny and could kind of sense that I might be getting a small cold- so thinking I was smart by aiming to prevent rather than cure and also because I didn't want to have to argue with mum over why I shouldn't be going to SYG sick and how my health is more important...... when I know that to a certain extend she's got a point!

So I basically got absolutely no sleep for 3 nights straight even after stopping the tablets cos I realised what was going on, and have been in some kind of an ultra alert but incredibly tired state, trying to write 2 essays but thurs. Been through feelings of nausea and 'the shakes' and fever like symptoms and just basically being so alert you can't sleep is really painful experience!

So future recommendations (if I'm ever able to look at another cold and flu table!) is that you should be quite sick and actually in need of extra alertness or get a packet which includes drowsy tablet to counter balance whatever it is that induces the alert state.

I would in no way recommend this to any one- I'm still feeling very twitchy and edgy and have the overwhelming desire to sleep for a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home