Mim's Life

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Guess who got a laptop

That right- my old computer had reached the 7yrs of age mark- which in computer lives is like 100yrs for a human! And having basically no internet acess I decided it was time to move on. Crunch time came sat morn after I'd put a desposite on the laptop but was still waiting on funds from ING when the old computer froze on me 3 times in 1 in a row and I had 3 essays to write over the weekend. I was close to tears! Luckely Dad helped out so this story has a happy ending.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger waynemus said…

    Good to hear things worked out.

    Have you tested it out in a portable manner yet, or is it chained to the desk for now? What are the specs?

    Did you end up getting all your homework that you needed to do on Sunday evening?

    If your wondering what happened for Sunday's business meeting: all changes were passed, I queried women as elders and was told it wasn't possible under the current constitution. I am going to write a letter to the Board for next month's meeting. If you have any opinions or arguments for either side of the women's role issue I'm eager to hear.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Hey! yeah eventually!

    nope, been stuck at the desk- thinking it'd be good for heading off to balnarring- but needing a piano to practice for an exam on mon so not an option this weekend.

    Depends.... I have a constant multitude of homework at the moment in which I can't see the end...it's all very dramatic!

    Honestly (and as bad as this sounds!)I don't have a strong opinion either way at the moment- haven't looked into it enough- just hasn't been an issue for me yet- and just don't have the time or brain power at the moment- sorry I'm no help!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home