Mim's Life

Monday, September 25, 2006

Camp Post 2006

Woo hoo! I'm back from camp for another year and this years was deffinately the most full on for me personally. But here are some highlights

- fully kicked ass in 'Bang' -prob got a bit too into it for a 'responsible' leader but I now know my true calling should include a gun.
- Marks 'Jesus is my Bonahomie' T-shirt with a juggling Jesus.
- 1st night the girls in my cabin getting into tops 5 not only of campers but also a leaders version which got to the stage where I had to tell them to shut up. That was the only time I ever had to have a go at them though- other than 1 disscusing the 'advice' she was going to put in peoples warm fuzzies- and I had to say that I didn't think it was really warm fuzzy material!
- Great cabin of girls and small group- which was almost totally made up of kids from my small group last year- poor kids having to put up with me 2 years in a row!
- plenty of 'ya mum' jokes
-Kellys lamo knock knock jokes! :) - Kelly tries!
- Missing kids who'd been on camp the last 2 years but getting to see kids from last year and how much they'd grown and also meeting new kids
- Roll up Roll up the circus freaks are here
- Kids trying to find and accuse a non-existant mole and stealing turtels in our wide, or is it wiered or wild, games
- give something back day
- Having to take a kid to hospital over a little scratch cos their tetness was 2 months out of date.
- Trying to use reverse pshycology on the camp manager back fired!
- finally getting to experience my own mostash and beard- and beer gut and as attractive as I look with both I am more than happy the way I am.
-Muck up day! and the leader amo being spilt before we had a chance to use it :( but no issues washing stuff out of hair like last year!
- came down with a really heavy case of the flu on the wed afternoon which sucked and I'm still recovering from now.
- having the flu did mean that I couldn't smell the build up of boys farts in the leaders room or the musty bag smell in my cabin which was attacked with cheap girls deoderent- which apparently made the smell worse. and I smelt none of it!
- Spiro night was a tough one for me this year and I really struggled with some of the things that went on- to the point that at one stage felt like that was the last place on earth I wanted to be which was a horrible feeling that I'd never ever felt on camp before - luckely it didn't last long and I was back to loving camp.
- Last night went off! circus tent created a great atmosphere, every single person had a fantastic costume, the carnie games I thought might flop worked a treat and we had the best dance party of any camp I've ever been on!- to the point that Mark, dressed as a grey lion/ koala had to chase of a number of gate crashes who thought there was a massive party going on.

And once again sad to be leaving youth 1 for another year, with the added fact that it may have been the last time at halls.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Digger said…

    Tell me more about the spiro night? Why did you struggle with it so much?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home