Mim's Life

Saturday, September 09, 2006

fantastic, freaky, friday!

For placement this semester I'm at an aged care facility every friday, and every second friday I'm there by myself with out my supervisor- which is both a pro and a con all at the same time.

Anyway, yesterday I was there on my own and one guy I see each week who I don't think is too old but it's hard to tell as he is very diabled with scoliosis and parkinsonism and suffered from a stroke but such a nice guy! And I made him laugh out loud 3 times!!! thats huge and it's the first time I've heard him laugh out loud like that before and the amount of physical effort it must have taken him..... made my day cos' the other sessions were shambles- 1st guy was asleep, so I decided to leave him be. other lady was very figity, just wouldn't stop chattering about unrelated stuff that I had no idea what she was going on about- so I just had to start singing over the top of her sometimes and then she'd join in (still can't believe how well they remember words and melodies of songs so well when they can't remember much else!) and the last lady has a tendancy to be quite aggressive and she seemed very grumpy and didn't want anything to do with anyone so I decided not to push it and just went home!

Good day for sport 2!
After practically giving up on Melbourne's finals hopes after dropping from 4th to 7th in a weekend, I'm very happy to report that we are still around- if only just! And in soccer we drew, which is great for us. I got another goal!! but agian it didn't count- but I am determined to actually get a goal that counts and that is kicked from the correct area and not after the ref suddenly decides to blow the whistle!
I also performed a nice race after the ball and kick on the run but forgetting to stop which ended with me smashing into the wall- which turned out to be very amusing to our amazing cheer squad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home