Mim's Life

Monday, March 13, 2006

Jaws and cocain!

Well according to my doctor and the extreme pain I'd been in recently, when trying to eat or open my mouth too much, in my right ear (and yes, for anyone who knows me, my 1st freak out was that I may go deaf) -I have a jaw problem. Apparently some people are just more susceptable to this kind of prob and I'm one of them, just the way I'm made up. But saying it's from all my years of chewing hearty aussie steaks, talking too much, too much passionate/ violent kissing and having an incredably loud scream etc. is a much more interesting story! Maybe the truth is that it's somewhere between both explanations.
Anyway, I got told to go get some anti- inflamatories, not to chew anything and not to open my mouth more than 1 centimetre, to come back and see my doctor in 10 days and that my problem was chronic. Chronic just has so many negative connotations for me- chronic means always- so does that mean I'm always not allowed to chew, always not allowed to open my mouth more than 1 cen.....? that makes it hard to sing which in turn makes it very hard to be a music therapist. so then the combination of having an over active imagination and spending a decent amount of time on my own all long weekend meant I was at times quite miserable.
I'd worked so hard to get into this course and now because of a chronic jaw prob I may not be able to complete the course or be able to properly do my job (I know I'm going to look back on this and laugh at the stupid things I think sometimes).
Now I have something else to add to my things I really don't want to happen to me list- 1 to become deaf, 2 lose or not be able to use fingers (related to being a pianist), 3 have to go through kimotherapy, 4 having to go through the pain of losing someone I love, 5 having a jaw problem and not being able to sing. I felt like an athlete who'd become injured and not able to perform anymore, a gymnast who'd lost the ability to walk or a couple who after going through and spending heaps on IVF having a miscarrage. Why do the things that we fine most beautiful often corse us the most pain? why does playing a sport often leave us with physical injuries, and trying help others leaves us torn and food often makes us sick and playing too much guitar makes our fingers bleed and singing a lot without being properly trained can make you lose your voice and love - love at times just hurts.......

A happy/ interesting thought!!- learnt last week at uni that music stimulates the same pleasure areas in the brain that cocain does!!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mim,
    hope everything's ok. look after yourself,
    mase.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Mim said…

    Hi, did you find out what the rash is?

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nope, no idea. it seems to be fading so ??? Would have gone to the doc if it got worse, but it hasn't been. maybe i just bumped into something really hard and didn't realise it???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home