Mim's Life

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Need your help

Auditions for music therapy course are coming up in November, which means I really need to start working out and practicing pieces. For Melbourne I have to play 3 pieces, of contrasting styles on my main instrument (piano) so thats no drama, been there and done that many times before! Also, have to improvise on a mood or feeling that they'll suggest on the day- which will be interesting but having majored in composition at uni I should be able to manage that one- anyway it's all creative interpretation!!
But, and this is where I need your help, I also need to play and sing 3 songs on guitar- definately not my best instrument so I really need to get onto it and figure out what songs I'll attempt. Already chosen Ben Harpers 'Waiting on an Angel' which is prob a biased choice as it's a personal fave- but it's also playable so why not! But now I need to choose 2 more. Think I should do an old, sing along classic eg. Love me tender or something Beatles or the Scope clients fave 'I am sailing'. But now I need one more which should be more up beat and recent 'pop' style. Been doing some research listening to the radio and stuff and there's actually alot of piano base songs out there- which for once doesn't help me.
Anyway, it'd be great to hear what songs 'speak' to you and you enjoy (Steph this is your opp to tell me all about Hilary Duff!!) I'd really appreciated it and find it interesting.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL...alllll about the duff-ster, shes lost lots of wait lately...silly girl! welll i could blab on for ages how u could do her songs....but again, most are piano based...but do try, jericho, good song..can give u the cd if u like. wat about like umm, pete murry or sumtin? or john mayar? they have fantastic guitar stuff...and we have the tabs/chords (watever the musical jargon is) here...so let me know!!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    name was meant to read "schmookie" not "shcmookie"...lol

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger rmacapobre said…

    religion

    maybe instead of looking at each other's differences, we focus on our similarities. like we are all human. we share the same home (planet earth) ..

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Digger said…

    I reckon you should go for a bit of Taylor by Jack Johnson.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mim! awesome to read ur blog!
    You could do 'Wonderwall' by Oasis, it's a classic! Not exactly totally recent pop though...

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mim
    i have a whole folder of songs we could go through and i can also teach them on guit. if you are still stuck that is. very stoked to hear you have a new guitar! it is true. all my guitars have names (but i guess my car does too) we spend equal amounts of time together, so the car or guitars don't get jealous. ab out

     

Post a Comment

<< Home