Mim's Life

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New years 2007

Well I offically survived my first New Years Eve without Michelle in about 7 years- although there were phone calls and msg so I'm not sure if it counts (I'll be stuck with Mich constantly for a whole month so the brake is prob good for us!!).

So where was I? Front row, hanging over the barrier, being squwashed against the barrier, watching the 'Living End' (which was for the majority of my teenaged years a fav band), my face in some security gaurds crotch everytime a crowd surfer came over my head (I'm the perfect hight for something ;)).

I spent from thurs to Mon at Pyramid rock festival as a volunteer- snapping on wrist bands at the entrance- stuck in the sun and dust for 4 hr straight at a time- which while enjoyable meeting and working with people did leave me horribly sun burnt despite constant applications of sunnie (I now have a perfect thong tan line on my feet which cracks me up every time I look at it!). Next time I might try and get a job in the bar- out of the sun but that might mean missing out on bands so something to consider.

Sleep was something that didn't happen for me mainly due the the campers next to and behind me that I don't think slept the entire time and wouldn't shut up or turn off their music (they were deffinately on some kind of stimulant drugs). By the end I was a zoombie and during the 7hrs non moving drive home I spent most of it on the phone chatting to friends just to stay awake.

All up it was a great way to spend New years! Highly reconmend (although not for everyone as I know some who ditched cos hated it) to all who enjoy music more than they dislike camping/ dirt/ sun- all of which I enjoy so not an issue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home