Mim's Life

Monday, December 04, 2006

Don't you love it when......

- you rock up to see a mates gig with his new band and find out that the band is one of your faves to listen to on triple J! Well thats what happened to me fri night. went to good old Ruby's to see to see my friend play and never clicked that his Jaded Temple band was the one I'd been listening to, to the point that the discussion on entrence went- so which band a you here to see? (me)- um, the one with Caleb in....? -Do you know the name of the band. (me)- um, can't really remember, but I think there is a P in the title. (where did I get the P from!!??!).
Top gig- enjoyed alot- enjoyed the percussionists dreds, longest I've seen and he used them to full effect, shaking his head around. I used to do my long hair in dredlocks and play percussion while in high school, so maybe I'm biased, but it was very entertaining.


- getting paided to bum around playing sport with a bunch of kids. Had my first sports party at work for a while- because being the only chick instructor they seem to think I'm the best person to work with the under 5's- which is also enjoyable but do like a variety of ages.
But for the first time in my long 5 year career- I thought I'd lost a kid! during the whole cake cerimony there was 1 less girl, her mum was checking the toilets and other parents where out in the car park .... I had to cut the cake for the other 14 kids.... but was starting to freak out and wonder how long you have to wait before calling the police and what was I going to do if she'd gone out on the road.... she was stilling in the corner of the bar area- not even hiding, just none of us could see her. - I sympathise with every partent thats thought they've lost their kid for even a second because it is not a nice feeling and see wasn't even my child.

- Having a really great time at work on sun with the place booked out for the foster child association. There were about 100 kids of all diff ages and a visit from Santa with gifts for the kids and face painting.
I was out with the under 6's again, and often there's 1 kids that just follows you around, always trying to get your attention etc. (happens in sports parties to, usually the less sporty kids just chat to you the whole time- which is fine till I have to go stop a couple of kid beating each other up over a ball). Never 100% sure how to handle this- don't mind but they do need to start to learn to interact more with their peers rather then just me- and I can't just give all my attention to 1 kid either.
On sun it was a 6yr old girl. she wanted to paint my face- but I'm not brave enough to let a 6 year old go lose with paint on my face, so she did an arm instead (very well to for a 6yr old!). While chatting to the official face painters found out that they we're all from a church just down the road and that they had sponsored the whole event!- impressed- a church that not only gives money to a group but uses their finacial recources to fund and help organise an event in the community.

( good fun being able to work with the boys instead of just having our own parties to organise- I'm very proud to say that I am very competitive at marks up, and ball piffing comps against 17yr old guys!!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home