Mim's Life

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

SYG

Well it's over for another year and this year was as good as ever! Baysie did really well this year, coming 3rd in the small church category but it's never all about winning and more about just having fun!
Went as a spectator this year for the first time in 6 years, and although there we're some positive aspects, like being able to have a decent shower and having a relaxed kick of the footy back at camp, I'd rather participate in events no matter what else I'm involved in.
Being part of the worship band this year was a great experinece. We all got on really well and rehearsals building up to the event was heaps of fun. still not sure where I sit with the speaker though. My interpretation was that as christians we need to be open to and allow God to change us and live out his will instead of following what other people think we should do to be 'good christians'.- so I agree with that but then thats only my interpretation of what was said and I know some people didn't agree with how they interpreted the speakers comments. Being on stage while he was finishing, it was interesting to see how different people were reacting!
Well done to Steph for organising our team this year! good job! I'm already slightly depressed at the chance that I won't be able to attend next year due to being in a different country- which is kind of sad but proves how much I enjoy camping in mud and playing sport amoung heaps of other people each year!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey matey, lol...6 years has gone sooooo fast, time flies wen your having fun ey, bit like this year...we're already half way...its insanity
    u willl have soo much fun if u go to england, but we'll all miss u, SYG and youthgroup just wont be the same...
    lol, well done mich, your a lil computer wiz! and aerobics super star ;)....we kick butt!
    ciao girls

     

Post a Comment

<< Home